Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Whirlwind of a week

Hello readers, my apologies for the lapse in posting over the past week. In an amazing sweep of events, God has brought a job opportunity into my life that was quite unexpected, and is quite exciting. In the span of just a little over one week, I applied for a job, had a phone interview, was provided with an all expense paid trip to Nashville to interview, and received a job offer. Pretty incredible.

There are many aspects of the job which I am so excited about. The work responsibilities are exactly the aspects of librarianship that I have been wanting to get involved with. The people are friendly, welcoming, and professional. The mission is something that I really feel I can put my heart into, and use my talents to serve the Lord and His Church. There is tremendous opportunity for growth and professional development within the position. It really is quite ideal.

Unfortunately, there are some aspects which make the decision a bit harder, such as whether it will be a financially feasible position for me to take. Also, there is the huge, daunting thought of moving to a brand new city where I know virtually no one. It's farther from my family, and would also mean leaving a wonderful community of Catholic friends here.

But I wonder if God is calling me to something entirely new, to a job and a city that hadn't even been on my radar before. His ways are certainly mysterious, and I want to be open to the ways that He wants to bless me and lead me.

If you think of it, please say a prayer for my discernment. This whole opportunity arose shortly after I finished my 30 day novena to St. Joseph. I am sure he will lead me through to the end of this decision that I might be enlightened to the will of the Father.

1 comment: