Saturday, November 6, 2010

God pulls through just in time

Well, my friends, I am thrilled to report that I have found and purchased a wonderful car. It's a 2005 Honda Civic, with all of the features that I wanted to find in a car, in excellent condition, and at a reasonable price. I am very excited, my first car ever! God is good, very good. The salesmen at this dealership were very helpful, pleasant to work with, and very accommodating in helping me navigate through the complicated process of buying a car in Virginia in the midst of moving to Tennessee. What a relief!

God's timing was a little too slow for me, but it was His perfect timing and He has got me covered. Because I went to the dealership when I did, and they had had the car for a little while, the salesmen were looking to make a sale and very open to price negotiation which was such a blessing. This might not have been the case had I discovered this car a few weeks ago.

Every time that I need to trust God will provide for my needs, every time when He is stretching my trust, I have to remember that "those who trust the Lord will not lack any good thing" ~ Psalm 34:10. Because it is true that He takes care of His children, and covers us with His providential care. I need to remember that the Lord has been abundantly faithful in providing everything from housing to transportation to friendships in the past and that He will continue to provide every good thing for me as I journey into the unknown.

If you are in the midst of a trial that is testing your patience and perseverance, remember the faithfulness of the Lord; even if it is through gritted teeth, press forward and know that it will come together in His time. Over and over again, though the process is often wearisome and discouraging, the Lord has proven that He will deliver on His promises, solve our quandaries, and provide for our needs. It will not come a minute too soon, nor a minute too late:

"For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come
and will not delay. "

~ Habakkuk 2:3

Thank you Jesus.


"

No comments:

Post a Comment